Benefit from our unique blend of academic expertise, real-world modeling, and in-depth industry experience
Math for Industry
- 24+ years designing, developing, and implementing math and advanced planning for various industries in several roles around the globe
Math in Industry
- 5 years advanced technology & math modeling at a leading chemical corporation
- 9 years shaping the portfolio of a leading business software provider
- 11+ years high performance computing
- Member of an international team developing a hypervelocity impact & collision code
- PhD in Astrophysics, thesis on numerical general relativity summa cum laude
- Dozens of peer-reviewed publications
- Research and teaching focusing on turning math into profit
Scientific Consulting & Technical Coaching
Implement and maintain optimization models
Validating your model
Training on your optimization model
SAP® APO process and algorithm coaching
Training and Seminars
Solving real-world optimization problems
Public and in-house courses
Science, Research & Development
Collision and penetration studies
- Applied mathematics per se is not industry specific
- Our business acumen and industry experience turn it into profit for a host of different businesses
- Industries successfully served in the past include:
Chemicals — Consulting & Professional Services — Energy — High Tech & Semiconductors — Machinery & Construction — Pharmaceuticals — Pulp & Paper — Rail Logistics — Space Agencies — NGOs — Universities
Optimal tower crane locations
Customer: Texas-based construction consultant
Business goal: select optimal crane location(s)
Savings potential: up to 30% crane operating costs
Decision factors (examples):
- Observe supply and demand points (multiple materials)
- Select crane configuration(s):
- Crane operating speeds (horizontal/vertical/rotation)
Energy portfolio planning
Customer: RWE/Innogy, Germany
Business goal: support future corporate strategy
- Establish a network-flow model
- Mulitude of constraints on network flows and knots: cost, capacity, thresholds, etc.
Stochastic electric network optimization
Customer: UK-based consultancy
Business goal: stable network operating modes minimizing cost of fulfilling demand
- Generator failure probability
- Demand uncertainty
- Scenario analysis
Train network optimization
Customer: European rail cargo logistics provider
Business goal: optimize cargo train operations
Savings potential: up to 30% operating costs
- Train cost EUR/km
- Shunting cost per rail car
- Observe maximum train length
- Routing along multiple arcs
- Implement column generation algorithm
I’d like to thank you for the training course, also on behalf of the project team. It made a lasting and good impression on all of us. I am convinced that the information we got leaves us well positioned for the further course of our project.
Many thanks for this great course!
Dr. Maindl provided a lot of cases to help me to understand the new language. The most useful thing is that this course provides not only practical modelling, but also the theoretical background of each model. Because of this, I can apply GAMS to my research well. I really appreciate his lecture.
Very nice – looking for future workshops!
The course was really nice and I had opportunity to learn a lot from this. I learned GAMS for the first time in my life and it is a very powerful tool. I am really thankful for the course.
Also, I attach photo files which are our commemorative photos.
Thanks to you, I learned a lot about GAMS.
Thank you so much for the great course, the exercises, … It was indeed very nice!
I’d also like to thank you for this course. Both structure ans content were outstanding. It is a shame no such course is offered for biologists…